- RESEARCH ASSOCIATE - PART TIME - SANTA FE, NM
- MEDIA & ADVERTISING RESEARCHER - PART TIME - CHINA BASED
RESEARCH ASSOCIATE - PART TIME - SANTA FE, NM
The job of an OTR Global Research Associate is to gather unbiased information on companies and industries through telephone interviews with a variety of sources in numerous sectors, including Professional Contractor, Industrial Supply, Construction Rental Equipment, Auto Parts, Retail and Restaurants, and record the information cultivated from those source interactions into an online information system. $20 per hour. 1-5 shifts per week, 5-25 hours per week, for 5- 6 hours per shift in our Santa Fe office. This is a part time position so there are no benefits.
PROFESSIONAL AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Must be computer literate, know Excel well. Be able to utilize and toggle between multiple windows at once and multi task.
- Prior experience or solid understanding of Home Improvement, Industrial Supply, Construction Rental Equipment, Auto Parts and Retail and/or Restaurant sectors a plus
- The ability to maintain a positive attitude, self-motivated and confidence
- Tenacious and resilient and able to handle rejection with cold calls
- The ability to quickly assimilate information on new subjects
- Intellectual curiosity and a passion for fact-finding
- Excellent verbal communication skills, including good listening skills
- Ability to work well within a team, but will also be a motivated, independent worker
- Schedule flexibility; must be able to work M-F, 9-5 pm
- Only residents of Santa Fe need apply
This is a part-time position for candidates based in Santa Fe, NM. Please send your cover letter, resume and clips to: email@example.com.
MEDIA & ADVERTISING RESEARCHER - PART TIME - CHINA BASED
The Media & Advertising Researcher will work closely with other China-based Researchers to provide relevant and timely marketplace intelligence for the global investment community by interviewing industry sources. The ideal candidate will possess extensive network of media and advertising industry contacts such as media buyers, and develop new industry contacts, and maintain relationships with sources to generate in-depth interviews in China on trends in the industry. Effective source development and interviewing skills are key aspects of the role. Attention to detail, analytical thinking and timely communication are other important elements. The individual in this role will be part of a global team of researchers based in different regions.
PROFESSIONAL AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Thorough understanding of the China market with a strong background in media, social media, or advertising industry.
- Extensive network of relevant media contacts in China, beyond public relations and investor relations; ability to network and develop new sources is key.
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in the media/advertising, or researcher who covers these topics; consulting or market research firm experience, technical background experience a plus.
- Ability to obtain in-depth interviews and accurately capture detailed notes. Ability to analyze and identify essential findings; spot trends, understand and articulate changes and underlying factors driving change
- Strong organizational skills; an ideal candidate is a quick learner and able to multitask and meet deadlines, communicates and responds in a timely fashion.
- The ability to speak/read and write native Chinese is required; verbal and written English skills preferred.
- The ability to maintain a positive attitude, self-motivation and confidence
- A native Chinese born speaker and citizen. If not, the proper credentials and work permits to be employed in China is a must.
This is a part time and project-based remote/ telecommuting position. Candidates based in Shanghai may get priority consideration. Please send your cover letter, resume and clips to: firstname.lastname@example.org.