Researcher/Reporter - Technology
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
OTR Global's Technology group is looking for a Researcher/ Reporter to join its global team in the Enterprise Technology and Enterprise Software industry sectors. The Researcher's primary responsibility will be conducting in-depth interviews by phone with cybersecurity, enterprise hardware and software industry professionals, and contributing source feedback to research reports. The ideal candidate is creative, curious, and most of all determined to build a dependable list of contacts often viewed as difficult to reach, and maintain those relationships over time. The individual in this role will be reporting on a broad array of technology topics and with time, may have opportunities to take leadership on running projects and contributing new coverage ideas. The Technology Reporter will work closely with the Technology team leaders and other researchers in the team to provide relevant and timely marketplace intelligence for the global investment audience. This is a unique opportunity to work with and learn from one of the most differentiated investment research companies in the securities industry.
PROFESSIONAL AND PERSONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Background in the technology sector or software industry, IT consulting, or in reporting and/or research; tech specialist background, and knowledge of the financial industry and investment basics a plus.
- Understanding of the key trends shaping the cybersecurity, enterprise hardware, or the software industry, and an ability to identify and articulate inflections in industry trends; experience with financial writing a plus.
- Ability to network in remote setting and develop new sources across various enterprise software topics, and maintain relationships over time; existing high-level network of contacts in the technology industry, such as implementation partners, distributors and resellers a plus.
- Clear and concise communication skills and exceptional analytical skills, attention to detail, ability to "connect the dots" and clearly articulate research conclusions.
- Strong organizational and project management skills, proactive thinking, ability to meet deadlines, multi-task and work under pressure; schedule flexibility a must.
- Proven ability to work well within teams, self-motivated, showing initiative, a positive attitude and a strong work ethic. Must be comfortable working remotely.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
PLEASE SEND YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO: Jobs@otrglobal.com